Wednesday 11 July 2012

Holland 2012, Day Eight

May 21st Day Eight

Got up early and got the room ready to leave, only for the rep to inform us that we could use the room until 12:00 if we wanted to.

So we spent a final couple of hours in the amusement park.

DSCF8901 DSCF8890

Then we drove to the seaside and popped into Lidl for some wine and beer to take home, I was surprised how much I could fit into an already full car. I got as much of the canned wheatbeer as I could, this was the beer I bought a lot on our trip to Germany in 2007, Grafenwalder, Hefe Weissbier. Also got a couple more new beers from the wine shop close by, I though I had the exact money to pay but forgot the deposit on glass bottles and had to go back to the car for more, very embarrassing.

We then set off to be somewhere closer to the port, also stopped for some engine oil, on the way, as the oil warning light had been flicking on and off. As has happened before to us, when you get too close to the ferry port, there is nowhere to go but the terminal, so we ended up there. Although we didn't have to wait too long to get on the ferry.

We had a beer while the ship was loaded and wandered on deck to take photos. Also bought more beer from the booze shop on board, Got two slabs of Morland, Old Speckled Hen. I have worked out, if I bought 13 packs of beer, the price difference would pay for the ferry crossing, and that would be for the van not just the car.

DSCF8933

Back on deck for photos as we left the port and of the other ships in harbour. Later Amber and Dot went to the children's play area and watched a Alvin and the Chipmunks film, while Ralph and I had another beer or two. Then Amber fell asleep while we had a final beer of the holiday.

DSCF8993DSCF9022

I did venture out a couple more times for shots of the sunset as we headed out to sea and home.

Leaving Holland Two

1 comment: